Monday, January 30, 2006

Allegro

Walking in I find you, already inside;
I guess I left a window open.
I still can't abide just standing inside
and letting you walk in whenever you want.

And I breathe a sigh when I catch your eyes.
You know how they say that the eyes never lie?
I throw you a wave, but there's someone behind me,
then I see...
you're looking over my shoulder.

This place is so old, it's thin and it's cold,
I don't know why I sometimes come back here.
It'll never be ours, it's already sold -
a small man in glasses bought it.

He says it's all right, it gets enough light,
but sometimes it leaks when it rains.
It just ain't the same as his old place in Spain,
where he spent his youth in a studio,
that belonged to a girl,
who was sunny and sharing,
who he loved very much,
who sold all his records...

And I breathe a sigh when I catch your eyes,
I see you smiling and I see
your mouth moves around without making a sound,
and then I see...
you're eating an apple.

No comments: